“Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.” Colossians 3:16 (NIV)
God wants you to teach someone who can then teach someone else.
- He wants you to teach others about the spiritual insights he’s deposited in you
- He wants you to teach others about the practical steps you’ve taken to become more and more like Jesus
- He wants you to teach others about the ways he’s stretched your faith.
- He wants you to teach others how they can discover life in Christ.
- He wants you to teach them the skills necessary to go on mission.
God’s plan calls for us to tell others about Jesus and then to disciple them so they can disciple others.
You may be wondering if you’re capable of doing this, but the apostle Paul says you can make a choice to “let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom . . .” (Colossians 3:16 NIV) It is God who teaches through you, giving you a supernatural wisdom and confidence to tell others about Jesus.
Frankly, you have more knowledge, training, and resources at your disposal than believers did in the first century Church, and yet they were able to be a witness to the world (2 Timothy 2:4). More importantly, God is with us in the same way that he was with them.
Trust the indwelling of the Holy Spirit to flow from you and give you the words and the wisdom you need to tell others about Jesus.
By Jon Walker
Used by Permission
Comments: If you don’t see our response form, please go to https://thoughts-about-god.com/blog/jon-walker_god-teaches-through-you/
Learn more about knowing Jesus at: http://thoughts-about-god.com/four-laws/